September is National Recovery Month
Every September, the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
sponsors Recovery Month to increase awareness and understanding of mental and substance
use issues and celebrate the people who recover.
Prevention works, treatment is effective, and people do recover!
To celebrate Recovery Month in both Iowa and Nebraska during September, we:
● Promote the benefits of treatment for substance abuse and mental health disorders,
● Celebrate those who are in recovery,
● Appreciate friends and family who support those in recovery,
● Applaud the contributions of treatment providers, and;
● Spread the message that recovery in all its forms is possible.
Join us at the bridge to reach our goal of ONE THOUSAND HANDS to send an important message: Prevention works, treatment is effective and people do recover!
Help us send a positive message about recovery!
DJ * Coffee Bar * Information * Speaker * SWAG Bag
Please note that this is a tobacco-free event.
Thank you to our Community Partners!: AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa, Heartland Family Service, LiveWise, Mental Health & Substance Abuse Network, Santa Monica and Trailblazers
Thank you to our Generous Sponsors!: AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa, Gem Financial, and COMPLETE weddings + extras